Ph.D, M.S, B.S
Dr Hu Jiancheng is currently the Principal Investigator/ Associate Professor in Laboratory of Cancer Signaling, Division of Cellular and Molecular Research, National Cancer Centre Singapore and the Cancer and Stem Cell Program, Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore.
He completed his postdoc training in Department of Pathology & Immunology, Washington University in St. Louis and Howard Hughes Medical Institute in 2008-2014. He received his Ph.D training at Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and National Jewish Medical Research Center in 2001-2007.
2001-2007- Ph.D. (University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO)
1998-2001- M.S. (Peking University, Beijing, China)
1992-1996- B.S. (East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China)
Teaching Medical Student Courses:
1. Yap J, Yuan J, Tee ZH, Huang X, Ng WH, Hu J. Characterize Disease-Related Mutants of RAF Family Kinases by Using a Set of Practical and Feasible Methods. J. Vis. Exp. 2019, e59795.
2. Yuan J, Ng WH, Lam P, Wang Y, Xia H, Yap JJ, Guan SP, Lee A, Wang M, Baccarini M, and Hu J. The Dimer-dependent Catalytic Activity of RAF Family Kinases Is Revealed Through Characterizing Their Oncogenic Mutants. Oncogene. 2018; 37(43):5719-5734.
3. Yuan J, Ng WH, Tian Z, Yap JJ, Baccarini M, Chen Z and Hu J. Activating mutations in MEK1 enhance homodimerization and promote tumorigenesis. Sci. Signal. 2018; 11(554): eaar6795.
4. Yuan J, Ng WH, Yap JJ, Chia B, Huang X, Wang M and Hu J. The AMPK inhibitor overcomes the paradoxical effect of RAF inhibitors through blocking the phospho-Ser-621 in the carboxyl-terminus of CRAF. J. Biol. Chem. 2018; 293(37):14276-14284.
5. Hu J, Ahuja LG, Meharena HS, Kannan N, Kornev AP, Taylor SS, Shaw AS. Kinase Regulation by Hydrophobic Spine Assembly in Cancer. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2015; 35(1): 264-276.
6. Wang X*, Boyken SE*, Hu J, Xu X, Rimer RP, Shea MA, Shaw AS, Andreotti AH and Huang YH. Calmodulin and PI(3,4,5)P₃ cooperatively bind to the Itk pleckstrin homology domain to promote efficient calcium signaling and IL-17A production. Sci. Signal. 2014; 7(337), ra74.
7. Shaw AS, Kornev AP, Hu J, Ahuja LG, Taylor SS. Kinases and Pseudokinases: Lessons from RAF. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2014; 34(9): 1538-46. (Review)
8. Hu J*, Oda SK*, Donovan EE, Shotts K, Strauch P, Pujanaushi LM, Victorino F, Al-Shami A, Fujiwara Y, Tigyi G, Oravecz T, Pelanda R and Torres RM. Lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) receptor 5 inhibits B Cell antigen receptor signaling and antibody response. J. Immunol. 2014; 193(1): 85-95.
9. Hu J, Stites EC, Yu H, Germino E, Meharena HS, Stork PJS, Kornev AP, Taylor SS, Shaw AS. Allosteric activation of functionally asymmetric Raf kinase dimers. Cell. 2013; 154(5): 1036-1046.
10. Hu J, Yu H, Kornev AP, Zhao J, Filbert EL, Taylor SS, Shaw AS. Mutation that blocks ATP binding creates a pseudokinase stabilizing the scaffolding function of kinase suppressor of Ras, CRAF and BRAF. PNAS. 2011; 108(15): 6067-72.
Cellular ＆ Molecular Research
National Cancer Centre Singapore
Cellular ＆ Molecular Research
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...