Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Overseas Fellowship

​SNEC offers highly-sought after fellowship programmes across a wide range of clinical disciplines in Ophthalmology. These training programmes provide fellows with opportunities to gain specialised clinical expertise, and provide valuable exposure to clinical teaching experiences and research.

SNEC offers the following fellowship programmes. Click the links on the right to find out more about the programmes.

  • Fellowship in Cataract & Comprehensive Ophthalmology (new)

  • Fellowship in Corneal & External Eye Diseases

  • Fellowship in Glaucoma

  • Fellowship in Medical Retina

  • Fellowship in Myopia (new)

  • Fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology

  • Fellowship in Ocular Inflammation & Immunology

  • Fellowship in Oculoplastic, Orbital & Lacrimal Surgery

  • Fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology & Adult Strabismus

  • Fellowship in Refractive Surgery

  • Fellowship in Surgical Retina

*International fellowship is a year-long programme

Click here to download the SNEC Fellowship application form.

      All applicants must fulfil the eligibility criteria and requirements as follows:

  • All general requirements as stipulated by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) for temporary registration.

  • Higher degree in ophthalmology or its equivalent, or have obtained a postgraduate diploma or degree in ophthalmology in their own country and preferably no less than three years of ophthalmic experience as a medical officer (or equivalent)

  • Fulfil English language requirements stipulated by SMC

  • Must be experienced in most aspects of clinical ophthalmology

  • Approval of candidate’s overseas training from any relevant governmental and institutional authorities in candidate’s country

  • A satisfactory report of Hepatitis B and C immune status (i.e. HBsAg, HBeAg and HB Ab, HIV infection and Tuberculosis)

  • Hold and maintain a valid Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) for the duration of the fellowship/clinical attachment. The certification must be issued by an internationally recognised authority

  • Successful application for Training Employment Pass from Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM)

Click here to find out more about estimated training expenses.