The Eye Surgery and Innovative Technologies (EyeSITe) programme is led by Principal Investigator Adjunct Professor Donald Tan Tiang Hwee, Senior Advisor of the Singapore National Eye Centre. He is also the Medical Director of the Singapore Eye Bank. EyeSITe aims to provide new clinical therapies to aid in alleviating ocular morbidity from major eye diseases, including corneal disease, infection, glaucoma, refractive errors and retinal disorders.EyeSITe builds on the strengths of our current TCR flagship programme – TRIOS (Translational Research Innovations in Ocular Surgery), and comprises our 5 most successful programmes in terms of scientific results, clinical outcomes and commercialization potential. EyeSITE will develop novel and innovative approaches to diagnose and treat corneal diseases and glaucoma - 2 of the major causes of blindness worldwide.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of irreversible blindness, affecting approximately 70 million people worldwide - of whom over 6 million suffer from bilateral blindness. In Singapore, glaucoma is the leading cause of irreversible blindness nationwide. Primary angle closure glaucoma, which is more prevalent in Asia compared to primary open angle glaucoma, accounts for most glaucoma-induced blindness.
Corneal disease is the second most common cause of treatable blindness, with 12 million cases recorded globally. Corneal diseases related to eye infections, inflammation, ocular trauma and genetic disorders are major causes of blindness which require corneal transplantation. Even though corneal transplants are largely successful, current surgical outcomes are limited due to long-term graft failure and rejection, resulting in increased morbidity.These programs, if successful, will result in better health outcomes for the above-mentioned ocular conditions, improved medical practice, and may also provide significant economic outcomes to Singapore.
Theme 1: Antimicrobial Molecules Against Ocular PathogensInfectious keratitis (corneal infections) relating to trauma or contact lens wear are a major cause of corneal blindness in Asia, with an estimated 4-6 million blind, and also a major cause of childhood blindness1-4. The indiscriminative usage of broad spectrum antibiotics have resulted in antibiotic resistance emerging throughout Asia, while only one topical antifungal eyedrop preparation (Natamycin) is commercially available to treat fungal keratitis in the region. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and resistant forms of Pseudomonas have also become significant issues. The global antibiotic resistance of gram negative bacteria and MRSAs are two of the most critical healthcare issues in this area. The development of new classes of antimicrobial small peptide and peptoid molecules will have a significant impact in treating corneal infections, and also for systemic infections. Our novel antimicrobials are targeted at 3 major ocular pathogens which also have clinical significance in systemic infections: Pseudomonas spp. (especially antibiotic resistant strains), gram positive organisms (including MRSA), and fungal/yeast infections, all of which are of major public health interest.
Theme 2: Novel Ocular Drug Delivery Systems
The development of sustained drug delivery carriers to provide effective prolonged drug release without relying on patient compliance would improve therapeutic outcomes, and improve overall healthcare and disease management – especially for elderly patients. This technology can be applied across other ophthalmic conditions which require chronic medical treatment – our current sustained delivery platforms may be used for a wide variety of drugs and involves drug delivery to the front of the eye for a wide range of anterior segment disorders, which include corneal, glaucoma and uveitic conditions, as well as research into improved sustained delivery of drugs and proteins to the retina.
Theme 3: The Bionic Cornea Corneal opacification is the second major cause of reversible impaired vision, affecting about 12 million patients globally, with over 50% of the global burden mainly sited in Asia18. Approximately 40% of global corneal blindness cases may be treatable by a corneal transplantation, but it is estimated that only 150,000 transplants are performed globally due to a major shortage of corneas worldwide. Corneal transplant survival rates also vary greatly, with survival rates estimated at 75% and 64% at 5 and 10 years respectively, mostly related to graft endothelial rejection or attrition. Current research efforts are focusing on corneal endothelial biology in an attempt to culture human endothelial cells and also to develop new surgical methods of endothelial keratoplasty, in which the corneal endothelium is selectively transplanted.
The major brunt of corneal disease lies in chronic inflammatory and ocular surface diseases, for which corneal transplantation is contraindicated due to a high failure rate. For these cases, 2 artificial corneas (or keratoprostheses), currently in common use, are preferred. However, current iterations of keratoprosthesis technology are still lacking – both these devices utilize older polymers and outdated designs. The development of a synthetic OOKP-type device not requiring a tooth will significantly improve the time to visual rehabilitation for patients requiring this surgery and simplify the surgical procedure tremendously.
Theme 4: Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Ocular Surgery Systems Femtosecond ophthalmic surgical lasers are commonly used for corneal refractive surgery. Femtosecond laser technologies are now being explored to perform corneal transplants, and most recently, cataract surgery, bringing higher levels of surgical precision23. Our previous work in TRIOS focused on developing femtosecond laser-assisted corneal stromal refractive lenticules as a by-product of a new corneal refractive procedure: Refractive Lenticular Extraction (ReLEx). ReLEx is a refractive procedure whereby the femtosecond laser incises a refractive lenticule to treat myopia and astigmatism, and the lenticule is removed through a pocket incision (SMILE procedure: SMall Incision Lenticular Extraction). We will investigate the concept of lenticular storage by cryopreservation, and its potential usage in 3 clinical areas: 1) personalized storage for ReLEx patients, which makes the procedure theoretically reversible in the event of complications, 2) storage for use in LASIK patients who have developed keratectasia, or for patients who have keratoconus, who may benefit from implantation of an allograft corneal lenticule, and 3) usage of the lenticules as biological small optic implants for the treatment of presbyopia. If it is successful, lenticular storage provides new treatment strategies for both refractive surgery patients, keratoconics and for all people over the age of forty (presbyopic age).
Theme 5: Stratified Medicine for Primary Angle-Closure Glaucoma Primary angle closure glaucoma (PACG) is a major cause of visual morbidity and blindness in Asia, and the exact cause of this condition is still unknown. We are developing new ocular imaging techniques with the anterior segment OCT to aid in a pre-emptive diagnosis for this condition. We have identified several novel anatomical risk factors for the development of PACG, which include greater lens vault, greater iris convexity, area and thickness, as well as smaller anterior chamber width, area and volume. We also want to identify individuals who are genetically at risk of developing PACG by a comprehensive genetic analysis scheme to detect the vast majority of the allelic spectrum of PACG disease alleles, which will aid in further stratification of at-risk populations. These studies will endeavor to develop new diagnostic and prognostic approaches to PACG, with a potential novel risk prediction algorithm combining ocular imaging and genetic markers to detect high risk patients (stratified medicine. If successful, the new algorithm will be applicable not only in SNEC, but also at a population-wide level.
List of Publications:
1. Tong L, Chew J, Yang H, Ang LP, Tan DT, Beuerman RW. Distinct gene subsets in pterygia formation and recurrence: dissecting complex biological phenomenon using genome wide expression data. BMC Med Genomics 2009;2:14.
2. Tan DT, Beuerman RW. Ocular surface research at the Singapore Eye Research Institute. Ocul Surf 2009;7:115-117
3. Tong L, RW Beuerman, H Yang. Prediction of pterygium recurrence based on a set of predictor genes. iovs.06-1149
4. Li J, Zhu HY, Beuerman RW. Stimulation of specific cytokines in human conjunctival epithelial cells by defensins HNP1, HBD2, and HBD3. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2009;50:644-653
5. Zhou L, Beuerman RW, Ang LP, Chan CM, Li SF, Chew FT, Tan DT. Elevation of human alpha-defensins and S100 calcium-binding proteins A8 and A9 in tear fluid of patients with pterygium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2009;50:2077-2086
6. Bai Y, Liu S, Jiang P, Zhou L, Li J, Tang C, Verma CS, Mu Y, Beuerman RW, Pervushin K. Structure-dependent charge density as a determinant of antimicrobial activity of peptide analogues of defensin. Biochemistry 48(30):7229-39
7. LF Seet, R Su, VA Barathi, WS Lee, R Poh, YM Heng, E Manser, EN Vithana, T Aung, MS Weaver, EH Sage, TT Wong SPARC deficiency results in improved surgical survival in a novel mouse model of glaucoma filtration surgery. PLos One 2010;5:e9415
8. Wong HT, Lim MC, Sakata LM, Aung HT, Amerasinghe N, Friedman DS, Aung T. High-definition optical coherence tomography imaging of the iridocorneal angle of the eye. Arch Ophthalmol 2009;127:256-260
9. Wong HT, Chua JL, Sakata LM, Wong MH, Aung HT, Aung T. Comparison of slitlamp optical coherence tomography and scanning peripheral anterior chamber depth analyzer to evaluate angle closure in Asian eyes. Arch Ophthalmol 2009;127:599-603
10. Riau AK, Wong TT, Beuerman RW, Tong L. Calcium-binding S100 protein expression in pterygium. Mol Vis 2009;15:335-342
11. Chua J, Seet LF, Jiang Y, Su R, Htoon HM, Charlton A, Aung T, Wong TT. Increased SPARC expression in primary angle closure glaucoma iris. Mol Vis 2008;14:1886-1892
12. Khor WB, Sakata LM, Friedman DS, Narayanaswamy A, Lavanya R, Perera SA, Aung T Evaluation of Scanning Protocols for Imaging the Anterior Chamber Angle With Anterior Segment-Optical Coherence Tomography. J Glaucoma 2010;19:365-368.
13. Liu S, Zhou L, Chen L, Dastidar SG, Verma C, Li J, Tan D, Beuerman R. Effect of structural parameters of peptides on dimer formation and highly oxidized side products in the oxidation of thiols of linear analogues of human beta-defensin 3 by DMSO. J Pept Sci 2009;15:95-106
14. Tong L, Diebold Y, Calonge M, Gao JP, Stern ME, Beuerman RW. Comparison of gene expression profiles of conjunctival cell lines with primary cultured conjunctival epithelial cells and human conjunctival tissue. Gene Expression 2009; 14: 265-278
15. Tan DT, Anshu A, Mehta JS. Paradigm shifts in corneal transplantation. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2009;38:332-338
16. Lee KY, Ho SL, Thalamuthu A, Venkatraman A, Venkataraman D, Pek DC, Aung T, Vithana EN. Association of LOXL1 polymorphisms with pseudoexfoliation in the Chinese. . Mol Vis 2009 Jun 4;15:1120-6.
17. Yuen LH, Chan WK, Koh J, Mehta JS, Tan DT. A 10-year prospective audit of LASIK outcomes for myopia in 37,932 eyes at a single institution in Asia. Ophthalmology 2010;117:1236-124418. Yuen LH, He M, Aung T, Htoon HM, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Biometry of the cornea and anterior chamber in chinese eyes: an anterior segment optical coherence tomography study. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2010;51(7):3433-40
19. Mehta JS, Por YM, Poh R, Beuerman RW, Tan DT. Comparison of Different Donor Insertion Techniques for Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty. Archives of Ophthalmology 2008;126(10):1383-8
20. Chaurasia SS, Gimeno FL, Tan K, Yu S, Tan D, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. In vivo real-time intraocular pressure variations during LASIK flap creation. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2010;51:4641-4645
21. Gimeno FL, Lang M, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Past present and Future of Endothelial Keratoplasty. Expert Review of Ophthalmology. June 2010, Vol. 5, No. 3, Pages 303-311 , DOI 10.1586/eop.10.18
22. Hall RC, Mohamed FK, Htoon HM, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Laser in situ keratomileusis flap measurements: Comparison between observers and between spectral-domain and time-domain anterior segment optical coherence tomography. J Cataract Refract Surg 2011 Mar;37(3):544-51
23. Narayanaswamy A, Sakata LM, He MG, Friedman DS, Chan YH, Lavanya R, Baskaran M, Foster PJ, Aung T. Diagnostic Performance of Anterior Chamber Angle Measurements For Detecting Eyes With Narrow Angles- An Anterior Segment OCT Study. Arch Ophthalmol 2010; 128: 1321-7
24. Nongpiur ME, Sakata LM, Friedman DS, He MG, Chan YH, Lavanya R, Wong TY, Aung T Novel Association of Smaller Anterior Chamber Width with Angle Closure in Singaporeans. Ophthalmology 2010; 10: 1967-73
25. Nongpiur ME, Ku JY, Aung T. Angle Closure Glaucoma: A Mechanistic Review. Curr Opinion Ophthalmol 2011; 22: 96-101
26. Quek DT, Nongpiur ME, Perera SA, Aung T. Angle Imaging-Advances and Challenges. Indian J Ophthalmol 2011; 59 Suppl 1: S69-75
27. Png E, Lan WW, Lazaroo M, Chen SL, Zhou L, Tong L. A New Method of High Speed Cellular Protein Separation and Insight into Subcellular Compartmentalisation of Proteins Anal Bioanal Chem 400;3: 767-775
28. Riau AK, Wong TT, Finger SN, Lan WW, Chaurasia SS, Hou AH, Chen SL, Yu SJ, Tong L. Aberrant DNA methylation of matrix remodeling and cell adhesion related genes in pterygium. PLOS One Feb 2011, Vol 6, (2) e14687
29. Sakata LM, Aung T. Can We Screen for Angle Closure? Am J Ophthalmol2011; 151: 567-8
30. J VENKATASUBRAMANI, M Ang, S Chattapadhyay, A Darwitan, S Venkatraman, TT Wong Sustained Release of an Anti-glaucoma Drug: Demonstration of Efficacy of a Liposomal formulation in the rabbit eye PLoS One 2011;6(9):e24513. Epub 2011 Sep 9.
31. Mohamed-Noriega K, Angunawela RI, Tan D, Mehta JS. Corneal Transplantation: Changing Techniques Transplantation 011 Oct 15;92(7):e31-2; author reply e32-3
32. Siak JK, Ng SL, Seet LF, Beuerman RW, Tong L. The Nuclear-Factor Kappa B Pathway is Activated in Pterygium Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci 2011;52 230-236
33. Khor WB, Mehta JS, Tan DT. Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty with a Graft Insertion Device: Surgical Technique and Early Clinical Results. AJO 2011;151(2):223-232
34. JV Natarajan, M Ang, A Darwitan, TT Wong, SS Venkratraman. Nanomedicine for glaucoma: Liposomes provide sustained release of latanoprost in the eye Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:123-31.
35. Cheng J, Liu J, Lee BH, Wong DW, Yin F, Aung T, Baskaran M, Shamira P, Yin WT. Closed angle glaucoma detection in RetCam images. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010;1:4096-4099
36. Amerasinghe N, Zhang J, Thalamuthu A, He M, Vithana EN, Viswanathan A, Wong TY, FosterPJ, Aung T. The heritability and sibling risk of angle closure in asians. Ophthalmology 2011;118:480-485
37. Chew AC, Mehta JS, Tan DT. Deep lamellar keratoplasty after resolution of hydrops in keratoconus. Cornea 2011;30:454-459
38. Li P, Poon YF, Li W, Zhu HY, Yeap SH, Cao Y, Qi X, Zhou C, Lamrani M, Beuerman RW, Kang ET, Mu Y, Li CM, Chang MW, Leong SS, Chan-Park MB A polycationic antimicrobial and biocompatible hydrogel with microbe membrane suctioning ability. Nat Mater 2011;10:149-156
39. Luengo GF, Chan CM, Li L, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Comparison of eye-tracking success in laser in situ keratomileusis after flap creation with 2 femtosecond laser models. J Cataract Refract Surg 2011;37:538-543
40. Nongpiur ME, He M, Amerasinghe N, Friedman DS, Tay WT, Baskaran M, Smith SD, Wong TY, Aung T Lens vault, thickness, and position in chinese subjects with angle closure. Ophthalmology 2011;118:474-479
41. Png E, Samivelu GK, Yeo SH, Chew J, Chaurasia SS, Tong L. Hyperosmolarity-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction requires Transglutaminase-2 in human corneal epithelial cells. J Cell Physiol 2011;226:693-699
42. Seet LF, Lee WS, Su R, Finger S, Crowston JG, Wong TT. Validation of the Glaucoma Filtration Surgical Mouse Model for Anti-Fibrotic Drug Evaluation. Mol Med 2011. May-Jun;17(5-6):557-67
43. Lim LS, Beuerman RW, Lim L, Tan DT Late-Onset Deep Stromal Scarring After Riboflavin-UV-A Corneal Collagen Cross-Linking for Mild Keratoconus. Arch Ophthalmol 2011 Mar;129(3):360-2
44. Wu RY, Nongpiur ME, He MG, Sakata LM, Friedman DS, Chan YH, Lavanya R, Wong TY, Aung T. Association of narrow angles with anterior chamber area and volume measured with anterior-segment optical coherence tomography. Arch Ophthalmol 2011 May;129:569-574
45. Tong L, Zhou L, Beuerman RW, Zhao SZ, Li XR. Association of tear proteins with Meibomian gland disease and dry eye symptoms. Br J Ophthalmol 2011 June;95:848-852
46. Narayanaswamy A, Su DH, Baskaran M, Tan AC, Nongpiur ME, Htoon HM, Wong TY, Aung T. Comparison of ocular response analyzer parameters in chinese subjects with primary angle-closure and primary open-angle glaucoma. Arch Ophthalmol 2011 Apr;129:429-434
47. Peh GS, Beuerman RW, Colman A, Tan D, Mehta JS Human corneal endothelial cell expansion for corneal endothelium transplantation: an overview. Transplantation 2011 Apr 27;91:811-819
48. Lim LS, Arundhati A, Tan DT. Sequential therapeutic penetrating keratoplasty with cryopreserved and fresh corneal tissue for severe infectious keratitis: a case-control study. Cornea 2011 July;30:739-743
49. Azuara-Blanco A, Burr JM, Cochran C, Ramsay C, Vale L, Foster P, Friedman D, Quayyum Z, Lai J, Nolan W, Aung T, Chew P, McPherson G, McDonald A, Norrie J. The effectiveness of early lens extraction with intraocular lens implantation for the treatment of primary angle-closure glaucoma (EAGLE): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial.Trials 2011;12:133
50. Schaumberg DA, Nichols JJ, Papas EB, Tong L, Uchino M, Nichols KK The international workshop on meibomian gland dysfunction: report of the subcommittee on the epidemiology of, and associated risk factors for, MGD. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2011 March;52:1994-2005
51. Barathi VA, Weon SR, Tan QS, Lin KJ, Tong L, Beuerman RW. Transglutaminases (TGs) in ocular and periocular tissues: effect of muscarinic agents on TGs in scleral fibroblasts PLoS ONE 2011;6:e18326
52. Pang CE, Lee KY, Su DH, Htoon HM, Ng JY, Kumar RS, Aung T. J Glaucoma 2011;20:401-404. Central corneal thickness in Chinese subjects with primary Angle Closure Glaucoma. J Glaucoma 2011;20:401-404
53. Riau AK, Angunawela RI, Chaurasia SS, Lee WS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Early corneal wound healing and inflammatory responses after refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2011;52:6213-6221
54. Quek DT, Koh VT, Tan GS, Perera SA, Wong TT, Aung T Blindness and long-term progression of visual field defects in chinese patients with primary angle-closure glaucoma Am J Ophthalmol 2011 Sep;152(3):463-9. Epub 2011 Jun 14
55. Chan JB, Yuen LH, Huang EH, Htoon HM, He M, Aung T, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Reproducibility of Cornea Measurements in Anterior Segment OCT Images of Normal Eyes and Eyes with Bullous Keratopathy Analyzed with the Zhongshan Assessment Program. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2011 Nov 17;52(12):8884-90. Print 2011
56. Yuen LH, Mehta JS, Shilbayeh R, Lim L, Tan DT Hemi-automated lamellar keratoplasty (HALK). Br J Ophthalmol 2011 Nov;95(11):1513-8. Epub 2011 Sep 6
57. Wong TT, Zhou L, Li J, Tong L, Zhao SZ, Li XR, Yu SJ, Koh SK, Beuerman RW. Proteomic profiling of inflammatory signaling molecules in the tears of patients on chronic glaucoma medication. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2011 Sep 22;52(10):7385-91. Print 2011 Sep
58. Tian J, Marziliano P, Baskaran M, Wong HT, Aung T. Automatic anterior chamber angle assessment for HD-OCT images.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2011 Nov;58(11):3242-9. Epub 2011 Aug 30
59. Ang M, Htoon HM, Cajucom-Uy HY, Tan D, Mehta JS.Donor and surgical risk factors for primary graft failure following Descemet’s stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty in Asian eyes.Clin Ophthalmol 2011;5:1503-8. Epub 2011 Oct 18
60. Ang M, Mehta JS Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty as an alternative to penetrating keratoplasty Ophthalmology 2011 Nov;118(11):2306-7. No abstract available
61. Ang M, Yan P, Zhen M, Foo S, Venkatraman SS, Wong TT. Evaluation of Sustained Release of PLC-Loaded Prednisolone Acetate Microfilm on Postoperative Inflammation in an Experimental Model of Glaucoma Filtration Surgery. Curr Eye Res Curr Eye Res. 2011 Dec;36(12):1123-8. Epub 2011 Oct 18
62. Png E, Lan W, Lazaroo M, Chen S, Zhou L, Tong L. A new method of high-speed cellular protein separation and insight into subcellular compartmentalization of proteins. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2011 May;400(3):767-75
63. Zhou L, Liu SP, Chen LY, Li J, Ong LB, Guo L, Wohland T, Tang CC, Lakshminarayanan R, Mavinahalli J, Verma C, Beuerman RW. The structural parameters for antimicrobial activity, human epithelial cell cytotoxicity and killing mechanism of synthetic monomer and dimer analogues derived from hBD3 C-terminal region. [Epub ahead of print] Amino Acids. 2011 Jan;40(1):123-33
64. Liu SP, Zhou L, Lakshminarayanan R and Beuerman RW Multivalent Antimicrobial Peptides as Therapeutics: Design Principles and Structural Diversities. Int J Pept Res Ther 2010 Sep;16(3):199-213
65. Pang CE, M V, Tan DT, Mehta JS Evaluation of Corneal Epithelial Healing Under Contact Lens with Spectral-Domain Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT) Open Ophthalmol J. 2011;5:51-4.
66. E O’Neill, Q Qin, N van Bergen, P Connell, S Vasudevan, M Coote, I Trouce, TT Wong, JG Crowston Anti-fibrotic activity of bevacizumab on human Tenons fibrobasts in vitro Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010 Dec;51(12):6524-32.
67. Wang BS, Narayanaswamy A, Amerasinghe N, Zheng C, He M, Chan YH, Nongpiur ME, Friedman DS, Aung T. Increased iris thickness and association with primary angle closure glaucoma. Br J Ophthalmol 2011;95:46-50
68. Gimeno FL, Lang M, Mehta JS, Tan DT Descemet’s stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty: past, present and future Expert Rev Ophthalmol. 2010;5(3):303-311.
69. Vithana EN, Nongpiur ME, Venkataraman D, Chan SH, Mavinahalli J, Aung T. Identification of a novel mutation in the NTF4 gene that causes primary open-angle glaucoma in a Chinese population Mol Vis 2010 Aug 15;16:1640-5.
70. Li J, Zhou L, Beuerman RW Defensins: Key Molecules in Ocular Surface Protection Current Immunology Reviews Volume 7, Number 3, August 2011 , pp. 295-307(13)
71. Lakshminarayanan R, Vithana EN, Chai SM, Chaurasia SS, Saraswathi P, Venkatraman A, Rojare C, Venkataraman D, Tan D, Aung T, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. A novel mutation in transforming growth factor-beta induced protein (TGFβIp) reveals secondary structure perturbation in lattice corneal dystrophy Br J Ophthalmol 2011 Oct;95(10):1457-62. Epub 2011 Aug 10
72. Wong J, Lan W, Ong LM, Tong L Non-hormonal systemic medications and dry eye Ocul Surf 2011 Oct;9(4):212-26.
73. Ang M.; Chong W; Tay WT.; Yuen L; Wong TY.; He M.G; Saw SM; Aung T; Mehta JS Anterior segment optical coherence tomography study of the cornea and anterior segment in adult ethnic South asian Indian eyes Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Jan 17;53(1):120-5
74. Seet LF, Tong L, Su R, Wong TT Involvement of SPARC and MMP-3 in the Pathogenesis of Human Pterygium Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2012 Feb 2;53(2):587-95
75. Chua J, Vania M, Cheung CM, Ang M, Chee SP, Yang H, Li J, Wong TT Expression profile of inflammatory cytokines in aqueous from glaucomatous eyes Mol Vis. 2012;18:431-8
76. Tan A, Tan DT, Tan XW, Mehta JS. Osteo-odonto keratoprosthesis: systematic review of surgical outcomes and complication rates Ocul Surf 2012 Jan;10(1):15-25
77. Seet LF, Su R, Toh LZ, Wong TT In vitro analyses of the anti-fibrotic effect of SPARC silencing in human Tenon’s fibroblasts: comparisons with mitomycin C J Cell Mol Med 2012 Jun;16(6):1245-59
78. Robinson R, Barathi VA, Chaurasia SS, Wong TY Update on animal models of diabetic retinopathy: from molecular approaches to mice and higher mammals. . 2012. Jul;5(4):444-56 Dis Model Mech 2012. Jul;5(4):444-56
79. Angunawela RI, Riau A, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Manual suction versus femtosecond laser trephination for penetrating keratoplasty: intraocular pressure, endothelial cell damage, incision geometry, and wound healing responses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2012 May 4;53(6):2571-9
80. Bai Y, Liu S, Li J, Lakshminarayanan R, Sarawathi P, Tang C, Ho D, Verma C, Beuerman RW, Pervushin K. Progressive structuring of a branched antimicrobial Peptide on the path to the inner membrane target J Biol Chem. 2012 Aug 3;287(32):26606-17
81. Riau AK, Angunawela RI, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Effect of different femtosecond laser-firing patterns on collagen disruption during refractive lenticule extraction J Cataract Refract Surg. 2012 Aug;38(8):1467-75
82. Angunawela RI, Riau AK, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS Refractive Lenticule Re-Implantation after Myopic ReLEx: A Feasibility Study of Stromal Restoration after Refractive Surgery in a Rabbit Model Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2012 Jul 26;53(8):4975-85
83. Lan W, Tong L Focus on molecules: phospholipase d Exp Eye Res. 2012 Oct;103:121-2
84. Mohamed-Noriega K, Mehta JS Sweating of Descemet’s membrane during deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty in absence of perforation Clin Ophthalmol 2012;6:1441-3
85. Elavazhagan M, Lakshminarayanan R, Zhou L, Ting LW, Tong L, Beuerman RW, Chaurasia SS, Mehta JS. Expression, purification and characterization of fourth FAS1 domain of TGFβIp-associated corneal dystrophic mutants Protein Expr Purif. 2012 Jul;84(1):108-15
86. Tan DK, Chong W, Tay WT, Yuen LH, He M, Aung T, Tan DT, Wong TY, Mehta JS. Anterior chamber dimensions and posterior corneal arc length in malay eyes: an anterior segment optical coherence tomography study Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Jul 20;53(8):4860-7
87. Han DC, Chen J, Htoon HM, Tan DT, Mehta JS Comparison of outcomes of conventional WaveLight(®) Allegretto Wave(®) and Technolas(®) excimer lasers in myopic laser in situ keratomileusis Clin Ophthalmol. 2012;6:1159-68
88. Tan GS, He M, Tan DT, Mehta JS Correlation of anterior segment optical coherence tomography measurements with graft trephine diameter following descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty. BMC Med Imaging. 2012 Jul 23;12:19
89. Anshu A, Price MO, Tan DT, Price FW Jr. Endothelial keratoplasty: a revolution in evolution. Surv Ophthalmol. 2012 May-Jun;57(3):236-52
90. Foo LL, Nongpiur ME, Allen JC, Perera SA, Friedman DS, He M, Cheng CY, Wong TY, Aung T. Determinants of angle width in chinese singaporeans Ophthalmology. 2012 Feb;119(2):278-82
91. Jiang Y, Chang DS, Foster PJ, He M, Huang S, Aung T, Friedman DS.Immediate changes in intraocular pressure after laser peripheral iridotomy in primary angle-closure suspects. Ophthalmology. 2012 Feb;119(2):283-8
92. Tan XW, Lakshminarayanan R, Liu SP, Goh E, Tan D, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS Dual functionalization of titanium with vascular endothelial growth factor and β-defensin analog for potential application in keratoprosthesis. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2012 Nov;100(8):2090-100
93. A How, J Chua, A Charlton, R Su, HM Htoon, M Lim, RS Kumar, JG Crowston, TT Wong Combined treatment with Bevacizumab and 5-Fluorouracil attenuates the post-operative scarring response following experimental glaucoma filtration surgery Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2010;51:928-932
94. Cheung CY, Zheng C, Ho CL, Tun TA, Kumar RS, El-Sayyad F, Wong TY, Aung T. Novel Anterior Chamber Angle Measurements by High Definition Optical Coherence Tomography Using the Schwalbe’s Line as the Landmark. in press. Epub Br J Ophthalmol. 2011 Jul;95(7):955-9
95. A Narayanaswamy, K Lee, M Zhen, J Chua, SM Chai, PY Boey, C Zheng, T Aung, S Venkatraman, TT Wong. Randomised, controlled trial of a sustained delivery formulation of 5-fluorouracil for the treatment of failing blebs. Ophthalmology. 2012 Feb;119(2):314-20
96. Gimeno F, Tan DT, Mehta JS Evolution of Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK). Ocul Surf. 2011 Apr;9(2):98-110
97. Lee BH, Liu J, Tan Z, Heng E, Cheng J, Tan NM, Wong DW, Trucco E, Mehta J, Wong TY Corneal graft detection for Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty using Optical Coherence Tomography Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2010;2010:3037-40
98. Hall RC, Mohammed FK, Htoon HM, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Between-Observer and Between-Instrument comparison of LASIK flap measurements by RTVue and Visante Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011 Mar;37(3):544-51
99. Peng Y, Ang M, Foo S, Lee WS, Ma Z, Venkatraman SS, Wong TT. Biocompatibility studies of biodegradable subconjunctival implants in rabbit eyes PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e22507
100. Park HC, Champakalakshmi R, Panengad PP, Raghunath M, Mehta JS Applications of Tissue Adesives in Ocular Surgery Expert Reviews in Ophthalmology 2011;6:631-55
101. LF Seet, R Su, LZ Toh, TT Wong In vitro analysis of the anti-fibrotic effect of SPARC silencing in human Tenon’s fibroblasts: comparisons with mitomycin-C J Cell Mol Med. 2012 Jun;16(6):1245-59
102. Koo T, Finkelstein E, Tan D, Mehta JS. Incremental Cost-Utility Analysis of Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty compared to Penetrating Keratoplasty for the treatment of Keratoconus Am J Ophthalmol. 2011 Jul;152(1):40-47.e2.
103. Peh GS, Lee MX, Wu FY, Toh KP, Balehosur D, Mehta JS Optimization of Human Corneal endothelial Cells for Culture: The removal of Corneal Stromal fibroblasts contamination using magnetic cell separation Int J Biomater. 2012;2012:601302
104. Quek DT, Wong T, Tan D, Mehta JS. Corneal Graft Survival and Intraocular pressure Control after Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty in Eyes with pre-existing glaucoma Am J Ophthalmol. 2011 Jul;152(1):48-54.e2
105. Ang M, Chong W, Tay WT, Yuen L, Wong TY, He MG, Saw SM, Aung T, Mehta JS Anterior Segment Optical Tomography Study of the Cornea and Anterior Segment in Adult Ethnic South Indian Eyes Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Jan 17;53(1):120-5
106. Angunawela RI, Poh R, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS A mouse model of lamellar intrastromal femtosecond laser keratotomy: ultrastructural, inflammatory and wound healing responses Mol Vis. 2011;17:3005-12
107. Ang M, Chaurasia SS, Angunawela RI, Poh R, Riau A, Tan D, Mehta JS Femtosecond Lenticule Extraction (FLEx): Clinical Results, Interface Evaluation and Intraocular Pressure Variation Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Mar 15;53(3):1414-21
108. Noriega K, Toh KP, Poh R, Balehosur D, Riau A, Htoon H, Peh GS, Chaurasia S, Tan D, Mehta JS Cornea Lenticule Viability and Structural Integrity after Refractive Lenticule Extraction (ReLEx) and Cryopreservation Mol Vis. 2011;17:3437-49
109. Peh GSL, Toh KP, Wu EY, Tan DT, Mehta JS Cultivation of human corneal endothelial cells isolated from paired donor corneas PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e28310.
110. Angunawela RI, Riau A, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS Manual versus femtosecond laser trephination for penetrating keratoplasty: Intraocular pressure, endothelial damage, incision geometry and healing Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 May 4;53(6):2571-9
111. Sng CC, Mehta JS, Tan DT Posterior Dislocation and Immediate Retrieval of a Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty Graft Cornea. 2012 Apr;31(4):450-3
112. Sng CC, Gimeno FL, Mehta JS, Htoon HM, Tan DT Intraoperative Use of Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography During Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty Clin Ophthalmol. 2012;6:479-86
113. RS Chong, D Su, A Tsai, YZ Jiang, HM Htoon, EL Lamoureux, T Aung, TT Wong Patient acceptance and attitude towards an alternate method of subconjunctival injection for the medical treatment of glaucoma. In Press J Glaucoma. 2011 Oct 27
114. Vithana EN, Khor CC, Qiao C, Nongpiur ME, George R, Chen LJ, Do T, Abu-Amero K, Huang CK, Low S, Tajudin LS, Perera SA, Cheng CY, Xu L, Jia H, Ho CL, Sim KS, Wu RY, Tham CC, Chew PT, Su DH, Oen FT, Sarangapani S, Soumittra N, Osman EA, Wong HT, Tang G, Fan S, Meng H, Huong DT, Wang H, Feng B, Baskaran M, Shantha B, Ramprasad VL, Kumaramanickavel G, Iyengar SK, How AC, Lee KY, Sivakumaran TA, Yong VH, Ting SM, Li Y, Wang YX, Tay WT, Sim X, Lavanya R, Cornes BK, Zheng YF, Wong TT, Loon SC, Yong VK, Waseem N, Yaakub A, Chia KS, Allingham RR, Hauser MA, Lam DS, Hibberd ML, Bhattacharya SS, Zhang M, Teo YY, Tan DT, Jonas JB, Tai ES, Saw SM, Hon DN, Al-Obeidan SA, Liu J, Chau TN, Simmons CP, Bei JX, Zeng YX, Foster PJ, Vijaya L, Wong TY, Pang CP, Wang N, Aung T. Genome-wide association analyses identify three new susceptibility loci for primary angle closure glaucoma. Nat Genet. 2012 Oct;44(10):1142-6
115. Chaurasia SS, Champakalakshmi R, Li A, Poh R, Tan XW, Lakshminarayanan R, Lim CT, Tan DT, Mehta JS Effect of Fibrin Glue on the Biomechanical Properties of Human Descemet’s Membrane. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e37456
116. Peng Y, Ang M, Foo S, Lee WS, Ma Z, Venkatraman SS, Wong TT. Biocompatibility and biodegradation studies of subconjunctival implants in rabbit eyes PLoS One. 2011;6(7):e22507
117. Koh JJ, Qiu S, Zou H, Lakshminarayanan R, Li J, Zhou X, Tang C, Saraswathi P, Verma C, Tan DT, Tan AL, Liu S, Beuerman RW. Rapid bactericidal action of alpha-mangostin against MRSA as an outcome of membrane targeting. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Feb;1828(2):834-44.
118. Jianguo Li, Rajamani Lakshminarayanan, Yang Bai, Shouping Liu, Lei Zhou, Konstantin Pervushin, Chandra Verma, and Roger Beuerman Molecular Dynamics Simulations of a New Branched Antimicrobial Peptide: a Comparison of Force Fields J Chem Phys. 2012 Dec 7;137(21):215101
119. Foo R, Lamoureux E, Wong R, Ho SW, Chiang P, Rees G, Aung T, Wong TT Acceptance , Attitudes and Beliefs of Sinagporean Chinese towards an ocular implant for glaucoma drug delivery Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012 Dec 17;53(13):8240-5
120. Nongpiur ME, Wei X, Xu L, Perera SA, Wu RY, Zheng Y, Li Y, Wang YX, Cheng CY, Jonas JB, Wong TY, Vithana EN, Aung T, Khor CC. Lack of association between primary angle-closure glaucoma susceptibility Loci and the ocular biometric parameters anterior chamber depth and axial length. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013 Aug 27;54(8):5824-8
121. Liu YC, Peng Y, Lwin NC, Venkatraman SS, Wong TT, Mehta JS. A biodegradable, sustained-released, prednisolone acetate microfilm drug delivery system effectively prolongs corneal allograft survival in the rat keratoplasty model. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 5;8(8):e70419
122. Khor WB, Teo KY, Mehta JS, Tan DT. Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty in complex eyes: results with a donor insertion device. Cornea. 2013 Aug;32(8):1063-8
123. Han SB, Ang HP, Poh R, Chaurasia SS, Peh G, Liu J, Tan DT, Vithana EN, Mehta JS. Mice With a Targeted Disruption of Slc4a11 Model the Progressive Corneal Changes of Congenital Hereditary Endothelial Dystrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013 Sep 27;54(9):6179-6189
124. Khor WB, Han SB, Mehta JS, Tan DT. Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty with a donor insertion device: clinical results and complications in 100 eyes. Am J Ophthalmol. 2013 Oct;156(4):773-779.e2
125. Lee SY, Wong TT, Chua J, Boo C, Soh YF, Tong L. Effect of chronic anti-glaucoma medications and trabeculectomy on tear osmolarity. Eye (Lond). 2013 Oct;27(10):1142-50
126. Hou A, Toh LX, Gan KH, Lee KJ, Manser E, Tong L. Rho GTPases and regulation of cell migration and polarization in human corneal epithelial cells. PLoS One. 2013 Oct 10;8(10):e77107
127. Ang M, Mehta JS, Rosman M, Li L, Koh JC, Htoon HM, Tan D, Chan C. Visual outcomes comparison of 2 femtosecond laser platforms for laser in situ keratomileusis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2013 Nov;39(11):1647-52
128. Tong L, Lan W, Sim HS, Hou A. Conjunctivochalasis is the precursor to pterygium. Med Hypotheses. 2013 Nov;81(5):927-30
129. Chaurasia SS, Perera PR, Poh R, Lim RR, Wong TT, Mehta JS. Hevin plays a pivotal role in corneal wound healing. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 26;8(11):e81544
130. Chew A, Mehta JS, Tan DT. One Year of Cornea Research in Review—2012 Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology. 2013 Nov-Dec;2(6):401-413
131. Peh GS, Chng Z, Ang HP, Cheng TY, Adnan K, Seah XY, George BL, Toh KP, Tan DT, Yam GH, Colman A, Mehta JS. Propagation of human corneal endothelial cells: a novel dual media approach. Cell Transplant. 2015 Feb;24(2):287-304
132. Lim CH, Riau AK, Lwin NC, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. LASIK following Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE) Lenticule Re-Implantation: A Feasibility Study of a Novel Method for Treatment of Presbyopia. PLoS One. 2013 Dec 11;8(12):e83046
133. Natarajan JV, Darwitan A, Barathi VA, Ang M, Htoon HM, Boey F, Tam KC, Wong TT, Venkatraman SS. Sustained drug release in nanomedicine: a long-acting nanocarrier-based formulation for glaucoma. ACS Nano. 2014 Jan 28;8(1):419-29
134. Pang A, Mohamed-Noriega K, Chan AS, Mehta JS. Confocal microscopy findings in deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty performed after Descemet’s stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty. Clin Ophthalmol. 2014 Jan 16;8:243-9
135. Lakshminarayanan R, Liu S, Li J, Nandhakumar M, Aung TT, Goh E, Chang JY, Saraswathi P, Tang C, Safie SR, Lin LY, Riezman H, Lei Z, Verma CS, Beuerman RW. Synthetic Multivalent Antifungal Peptides Effective against Fungi. PLoS One. 2014 Feb 3;9(2):e87730
136. Nongpiur ME, Khor CC, Jia H, Cornes BK, Chen LJ, Qiao C, Nair KS, Cheng CY, Xu L, George R, Tan D, Abu-Amero K, Perera SA, Ozaki M, Mizoguchi T, Kurimoto Y, Low S, Tajudin LS, Ho CL, Tham CC, Soto I, Chew PT, Wong HT, Shantha B, Kuroda M, Osman EA, Tang G, Fan S, Meng H, Wang H, Feng B, Yong VH, Ting SM, Li Y, Wang YX, Li Z, Lavanya R, Wu RY, Zheng YF, Su DH, Loon SC, Allingham RR, Hauser MA, Soumittra N, Ramprasad VL, Waseem N, Yaakub A, Chia KS, Kumaramanickavel G, Wong TT, How AC, Chau TN, Simmons CP, Bei JX, Zeng YX, Bhattacharya SS, Zhang M, Tan DT, Teo YY, Al-Obeidan SA, Hon do N, Tai ES, Saw SM, Foster PJ, Vijaya L, Jonas JB, Wong TY, John SW, Pang CP, Vithana EN, Wang N, Aung T. ABCC5, a Gene That Influences the Anterior Chamber Depth, Is Associated with Primary Angle Closure Glaucoma. PLoS Genet. 2014 Mar 6;10(3):e1004089
137. Mohamed-Noriega K, Riau AK, Lwin NC, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Early corneal nerve damage and recovery following small incision lenticule extraction (SMILE) and laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK). Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 25;55(3):1823-34
138. Hall RC, Rosman M, Chan C, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Patient and surgeon experience during laser in situ keratomileusis using 2 femtosecond laser systems. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2014 Mar;40(3):423-9
139. Riau AK, Liu YC, Lwin NC, Ang HP, Tan NY, Yam GH, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Comparative Study of nJ- and μJ-Energy Level Femtosecond Lasers: Evaluation of Flap Adhesion Strength, Stromal Bed Quality, and Tissue Responses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Apr 24;55(5):3186-94
140. Lakshminarayanan R, Sridhar R, Loh XJ, Nandhakumar M, Barathi VA, Kalaipriya M, Kwan JL, Liu SP, Beuerman RW, Ramakrishna S. Interaction of gelatin with polyenes modulates antifungal activity and biocompatibility of electrospun fiber mats. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 May 23;9:2439-58
141. Koo S, Muhammad R, Peh GS, Mehta JS, Yim EK. Micro- and nanotopography with extracellular matrix coating modulate human corneal endothelial cell behavior. Acta Biomater. 2014 May;10(5):1975-84
142. Lee MC, Chan AS, Goh SR, Hilmy MH, Nongpiur ME, Hong W, Aung T, Hunziker W, Vithana EN. Expression of the Primary Angle Closure Glaucoma (PACG) Susceptibility Gene PLEKHA7 in Endothelial and Epithelial Cell Junctions in the Eye. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 May 6;55(6):3833-41
143. Riau AK, Poh R, Pickard DS, Park CH, Chaurasia SS, Mehta JS. Nanoscale helium ion microscopic analysis of collagen fibrillar changes following femtosecond laser dissection of human cornea. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2014 Aug;10(8):1552-62
144. Wong TT, Novack GD, Natarajan JV, Ho CL, Htoon HM, Venkatraman SS. Nanomedicine for glaucoma: sustained release latanoprost offers a new therapeutic option with substantial benefits over eyedrops. Drug Delivery and Translational Research. 2014 Aug;4(4):303-309
145. Tan XW, Goh TW, Saraswathi P, Nyein CL, Setiawan M, Riau A, Lakshminarayanan R, Liu S, Tan D, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. Effectiveness of antimicrobial Peptide immobilization for preventing perioperative cornea implant-associated bacterial infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014 Sep;58(9):5229-38
146. Chen S, Lin X, Yuen C, Padmanabhan S, Beuerman RW, Liu Q. Recovery of Raman spectra with low signal-to-noise ratio using Wiener estimation. Opt Express. 2014 May 19;22(10):12102-14
147. Widjaja LK, Bora M, Chan PN, Lipik V, Wong TT, Venkatraman SS. Hyaluronic acid-based nanocomposite hydrogels for ocular drug delivery applications. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014 Sep;102(9):3056-65
148. Ang M, Mehta JS, Chan C, Htoon HM, Koh JC, Tan DT. Refractive lenticule extraction: Transition and comparison of 3 surgical techniques. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2014 Sep;40(9):1415-24
149. Chen Y, Lin Y, Vithana EN, Jia L, Zuo X, Wong TY, Chen LJ, Zhu X, Tam PO, Gong B, Qian S, Li Z, Liu X, Mani B, Luo Q, Guzman C, Leung CK, Li X, Cao W, Yang Q, Tham CC, Cheng Y, Zhang X, Wang N, Aung T, Khor CC, Pang CP, Sun X, Yang Z. Common variants near ABCA1 and in PMM2 are associated with primary open-angle glaucoma. Nat Genet. 2014 Oct;46(10):1115-9
150. Liu YC, Lwin NC, Chan NS, Mehta JS. Use of anterior segment optical coherence tomography to predict corneal graft rejection in small animal models. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Sep 23;55(10):6736-41
151. Dhand C, Molamma P. Prabhakaran, Beuerman RW, Lakshminarayanan R, Neeraj Dwivedid, Seeram Ramakrishna. Role of size of drug delivery carriers for pulmonary and intravenous administration with emphasis on cancer therapeutics and lung-targeted drug delivery. RSC Adv., 2014,4, 32673-32689
152. Liu YC, Pujara T, Mehta JS. New Instruments for Lenticule Extraction in Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE). PLoS One. 2014 Dec 1;9(12):e113774
153. Liu YC, Teo EP, Adnan KB, Yam GH, Peh GS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Endothelial approach ultrathin corneal grafts prepared by femtosecond laser for descemet stripping endothelial keratoplasty. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Dec 4;55(12):8393-401
154. Koh JJ, Lin S, Aung TT, Lim F, Zou H, Bai Y, Li J, Lin H, Pang LM, Koh WL, Salleh SM, Lakshminarayanan R, Zhou L, Qiu S, Pervushin K, Verma C, Tan DT, Cao D, Liu S, Beuerman RW. Amino Acid modified xanthone derivatives: novel, highly promising membrane-active antimicrobials for multidrug-resistant gram-positive bacterial infections. J Med Chem. 2015 Jan 22;58(2):739-52
155. Peh GS, Chng Z, Ang HP, Cheng TY, Adnan K, Seah XY, George BL, Toh KP, Tan DT, Yam GH, Colman A, Mehta JS. Propagation of human corneal endothelial cells: a novel dual media approach. Cell Transplant. 2015 Feb;24(2):287-304
156. Peh GS, Adnan K, George BL, Ang HP, Seah XY, Tan DT, Mehta JS. The effects of Rho-associated kinase inhibitor Y-27632 on primary human corneal endothelial cells propagated using a dual media approach. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 16;5:9167
157. Tan TE, Peh GS, Finkelstein EA, Mehta JS. A practical model for economic evaluation of tissue-engineered therapies. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med. 2015 Mar;7(2):91-100
158. Tan DK, Tay WT, Chan C, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Postoperative ocular higher-order aberrations and contrast sensitivity: femtosecond lenticule extraction versus pseudo small-incision lenticule extraction. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2015 Mar;41(3):623-34
159. Wong CW, Chan C, Tan D, Mehta JS. Incidence and management of suction loss in refractive lenticule extraction. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2014 Dec;40(12):2002-10
160. Ang M, Ho H, Wong C, Htoon HM, Mehta JS, Tan D. Endothelial keratoplasty after failed penetrating keratoplasty: an alternative to repeat penetrating keratoplasty. Am J Ophthalmol. 2014 Dec;158(6):1221-1227.e1
161. Ang AY, Liu YC, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty with the EndoGlide Ultrathin graft insertion device. Expert Rev Med Devices. 2014 Nov;11(6):573-9
162. D’Souza S, Petznick A, Tong L, Hall RC, Rosman M, Chan C, Koh SK, Beuerman RW, Zhou L, Mehta JS. Comparative Analysis of Two Femtosecond LASIK Platforms Using iTRAQ Quantitative Proteomics. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 May 6;55(6):3396-402
163. Mitry D, Bhogal M, Patel AK, Lee BS, Chai SM, Price MO, Price FW Jr, Jun AS, Aldave AJ, Mehta JS, Busin M, Allan BD. Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty after failed penetrating keratoplasty: survival, rejection risk, and visual outcome. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2014 Jun 1;132(6):742-9
164. Ang M, Saroj L, Htoon HM, Kiew S, Mehta JS, Tan D. Comparison of a Donor Insertion Device to Sheets Glide in Descemet Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty: 3-Year Outcomes. Am J Ophthalmol. 2014 Jun;157(6):1163-1169.e3
165. Ang M, Li L, Chua D, Wong C, Htoon HM, Mehta JS, Tan D. Descemet’s stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty with anterior chamber intraocular lenses: complications and 3-year outcomes. Br J Ophthalmol. 2014 Aug;98(8):1028-32
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...