GIVING TO THE NEEDY AND TO RESEARCH
Make a Gift of Sight!
It is only with the interest and generosity of kind benefactors like your good selves that the Centre is able to serve the nation by:
• driving globally groundbreaking eye research;
• developing amazing new advances and medical procedures;
• delivering blindness prevention/sight-preservation programmes; and,
• helping our less fortunate patients and beneficiaries.
Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC) manages two Endowment Funds that you may wish to direct your charitable support towards. The funds receive contributions (whether financial or gifts/services in kind) for the pursuit of medical research/development and the promotion, development and provision of health-related services in Singapore:
IPC No: HEF0012/G (IPC Period: 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2016)
To improve the visual health of the Nation with effective means of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation through financial and relevant support.
The mission of HEF is in blindness prevention and sight-presevation activities by providing public education, financial and relevant assistance.
• Providing care and support to patients determined to be in need of financial assistance
• Organisation of public education events, seminars, exhibitions
• Any other projects as approved by the Board of Trustees
IPC No: HREF01 (IPC Period: 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2017)
To improve the visual health of the Nation and contribute to the pursuit of new scientific discoveries by supporting research in ophthalmology and the visual sciences through the conduct of clinical epidemiological and translational programs.
The HREF mission is to support clinical, epidemiological and translational research leading to sight-preservation treatments, the reduction of visual impairment and blindness and in so doing improve the quality of life.
HREF-supported research will further contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge in the field of ophthalmology and vision research.
• Provision and improvement of equipment, facilities, consumables, manpower and other operating
expenditure for research and development in the field of ophthalmology; corneal transplant
programmes; and any other programmes and activities relating to the treatment of eye and eye-
• Organisation and/or participation in medical, nursing, paramedical and related education and
• Publication of research findings in educational journals, reports, magazines, books, etc.
• Organisation of conferences and seminars, exhibitions
• Any other projects as approved by the Board of Trustees.
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION?
There are several methods for making a donation and are here listed in order of ease and convenience:
1. Please visit https://www.sggives.org/Public/Charity/SGGives_P_Charity_CharityHome.aspx and choose either our SNEC Health Endowment Fund or SNEC Health Research Endowment Fund (see above for detailed description).
2. Drop by to make a cash donation at our SNEC Building at Singapore National Eye Centre, 11 Third Hospital Avenue, #07-00 SNEC Building, Singapore 168751, Attn: Finance Department.
3. Post your crossed cheque to the Finance Department, Singapore National Eye Centre, 11 Third Hospital Avenue, #07-00 SNEC Building, Singapore 168751 drawn up either for our "SNEC General Fund" or "SNEC Health Research Endowment Fund".
We would also be pleased to discuss with you the possibility of endowment gifts to provide long-term benefits to a specific SNEC cause and/or project.
All donations will be handled with complete confidentiality and, on the day it is received, we will send you a "Thank You" letter and a tax-deductible receipt, where applicable. For those who wish, your donation could be treated as "Anonymous" in any and all SNEC publications.
For further information, please contact SNEC’s Finance Department, Mr Moses Wong, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (65) 6322 8387.
HEF AND HREF ANNUAL REPORTS
- FY 2014 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2013 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2012 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2011 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2010 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2009 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2008 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
- FY 2007 PDF (Health Endowment Fund and Health Research Endowment Fund)
* Tax-deductible receipts may only be issued for direct or pledged cash donations.
THE HEF AND HREF BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Regulation 4(1)(d) of the Income Tax (Central Fund Administrators) Act requires that an Institution of Public Character (IPC) be administered by an independent Board of Trustees. Our independent Board of Trustees consists of the following members:
Prof Ivy Ng
Prof Ivy Ng,Chairman
Prof Wong Tien Yin
Mr John Ting
Dr Liok Yew Ai
Mr Reto Albert Isenring
Mr Koh Tien Gui
Please visit the following relevant links: