This section is intended to help you be prepare for your visit.
Here, you can find out:
Before your visit:
Q. How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Please schedule your time appropriately as it will take approximately 2 – 2.5 hours for the entire registration and consultation, as you may need to undergo a number of eye tests and investigations on the same day.
- As part of eye examination, your pupils may be dilated. Please do not drive immediately after the consultation as you may experience blurred vision. Wearing sun glasses may help to reduce the glare.
- If you need further information on your appointment, please call 6227 7266 during office hours.
Q. What do I bring for my appointment?
- Bring along or put on your most recent pair of eye glasses &/or contact lens for this consultation. If you are wearing your contact lens, please ensure that you have brought your contact lens case to contain your lens when it needs to be removed for the eye checks.
- Singapore NRIC, Birth Certificate (if you are under 15) or Passport and Employment Pass / Work Permit / Dependent pass or Permanent Resident card (if applicable).
- Civil Service Card / Public Service Card / Medical Benefits Eligibility Card.
- If this is your first visit, please bring along items listed above and the Referral letter from your polyclinic, private doctor or any other referral sources.
What to expect during your visit:
What time should I register?
The time allocated to you is based on registration time. Please register at self-registration kiosk to save time upon arrival.
Who will I see?
A team of doctors and other healthcare professionals manages patients in the clinic where you will be seen. The team is led by a senior ophthalmologist or an eye-trained physician (for the Primary Eyecare Clinic) who will be responsible for the care of all patients seen in the clinic. Patients will be provided with the level of care appropriate to the complexity of their eye condition. The doctor and the team attending to you may change at each appointment.
How long will my visit take?
The time for your visit may take 2-2.5 hours, depending on the complexity of the conditions seen in the clinic on the day. Long consultation waiting times can also occur when doctors are called to attend to emergencies in the operating theatres or wards, or if consultations of patients ahead of you take longer due to complications. Longer waiting times to be seen by our doctors and team of healthcare professionals would occur if there's a high volume of patient load.
Your eye doctor and our team of healthcare professionals may order additional test(s) to facilitate further medical advice. Additional waiting time is expected. Please let your eye doctor and our team know if you prefer to have the tests performed before your next visit.
What are the Consultation charges?
List of fees and payment options, clink
What Payment modes can I use?
You can also pay your bills online. Our online payment service provides you with greater flexibility and convenience in paying your medical bills using VISA or MasterCard credit card.
Click here to pay online.
Payment can be made using cash, NETS, credit card (Mastercard/VISA) or local cheques.
From 1 April 2015, you are eligible for the Flexi-Medisave scheme if you are 65 years old and above. You may use $200 per year under the scheme for outpatient medical treatment. The scheme covers consultations, medical services, drugs and tests. If you wish to use Flexi-Medisave at Singapore National Eye Centre (SNEC), please proceed to the Flexi-Medisave information booth at Level 1 prior to your registration on the day of your appointment.
How do I get there?
You are encouraged to take public transport as parking facilities are limited.
Directions to SNEC, click
How do I view or change my appointment?
View or change your outpatient (SOC) appointment online by clicking
here, or use the
Health Buddy mobile app.
- These options offer you convenient access to information about your appointments any time of the day.
- You can view all your SOC appointments across SingHealth Institutions at one go.
- Find exclusive slots available only online and on mobile
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please do so at least three working days before the scheduled appointment. This will help another patient waiting for medical attention to get an earlier appointment.
Alternative, please call our call centre at:
Local / Singapore Patients|
|Operating Hours |
|Monday - Friday: ||8.30am to 5.30pm|
|Sat, Sun & Public Holiday: ||No clinic sessions|
CONSULTATION STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please visit the following relevant links:
I Want an Eye Examination / an Appointment
Common Eye Conditions & Procedures